WheeLED Wavelength-Switchable LED Sources
WLS-22-A: Mightex WheeLEDTM wavelength-switchable LED sources let users manually switch between a selection of LED sources with different wavelengths and/or white LED’s.
- Start with a blank chassis (P/N: WLS-22-A). Up to 9 LEDs can be added to this chassis;
- Select standard open-wire (LED+ and LED-) cable or upgrade to a 2-pin aero-connectorized cable. (The connectorized option is required for connecting to BLS-1000-2 or BLS-SA02/04-US LED controllers);
- Add up to nine (9) LED emitters (P/N: WLS-LED-xxxx-xx) to your WheeLED;
- Product Details
- Packing List
Many applications require wavelength-switchable sources. For example, in vision applications different types of objects may require different illumination wavelengths for optimized contrast. Mightex WheeLEDTM wavelength-switchable LED sources let users manually switch between a selection of LED sources with different wavelengths and/or white LED’s.
A wide range of wavelengths and white LED’s are available for users to choose from. The selected LEDs are installed in the light source chassis in the factory. Users can then switch among the installed LEDs by manually turning a hand wheel.
A high-NA aspherical collimating optics is included for precision collimation and high light throughput. Clear aperture of the optics is 22mm in diameter. Other optional optics may be added for fiber/lightguide coupling and other functions.
The light source includes a 5-ft electrical cable with a connector on one end to be plugged into the light source, and two bare-wire terminals at the other end. The light sources can be driven by Mightex LED controllers or other LED controllers and current sources. Only a single driving channel is required because at any time only one wavelength is powered up. Over-current protection is built into the light source to prevent potential damage during switching.
An optional focusing module can be mounted on the front of the LED collimator to focus light into a tight spot which is an image of the LED emitter.
An optional light guide adapter is also available to couple the LED light into a lightguide, as shown in the photo below.
How to order a WheeLED?
Here are the steps:
1) A WheeLED wavelength-switchable LED source consists of a main chassis (P/N: WLS-22-A). Up to 9 LED’s can be added to this chassis;
2) Add up to nine (9) desired LED emitters (P/N: WLS-LED-xxxx-xx) to your WheeLED;
3) During checkout, in the note section, mark the handwheel position for each wavelength. For example: Position#1: 470nm, Position#2: 365nm, and Position#6: 530nm.
Specifications: (Click here to download datasheet)
Up to 9 of the following LED modules can be installed in the light source chassis. Custom selectable.
|Part Number||Wavelength (nm)||Half Diverging Angle (deg)||Iop (mA)||Vop (V)||Typical Output Power1 (mW)|
|WLS-LED-4000-03||warm white 4,000K||1.7||1000||3.9||180|
|WLS-LED-5500-03||cool white 5,500K||1.7||1000||3.9||170|
|WLS-LED-6500-03||glacier white 6,500K||1.7||1000||3.6||180|
1. Due to variations in the manufacturing process and operating parameters such as temperature and current, the actual output of any given LED may vary. Specifications are intended to be used as a guideline.
|Part Number||Wavelength (nm)||Half Diverging Angle (deg)||Iop (mA)||Vop (V)||Output Power (mW)|
- Switchable among wavelengths/colors
- Up to 9 LED emitters
- Wide range of available wavelengths: UV/VIS/NIR and white
- Standard 22mm-diameter collimating optics
- Optional focusing module
- Optional fiber-coupling optics
- Optional lightguide-coupling optics
- Optional LED controllers
- General purpose light source
- Microscope illuminator
- Fiber and lightguide coupling
- WheeLED Wavelength-Switchable LED Source Installation Drawing (.pdf file, 45KB)
1. One (1) Chassis for WheeLEDTM Wavelength-Switchable LED Source. Part Number: WLS-22-A;
2. Custom selected LED modules for WheeLEDTM Wavelength-Switchable LED Sources (pre-installed into Item #1).
Product specifications are subject to change without prior notice. All prices are FOB California, unless otherwise stated. Please call/email for volume pricing.